Sunday, March 13, 2011

How do YOU blog?

How do you blog? How does anyone blog?

Personally, I speak to the present with tools from the past (and the present, I guess.)

Tools of my trade: 13-inch iBook G4, Sony
Cybershot, HTC Droid Eris, kitchen table


I still use my trusty six-year-old Apple iBook G4 for all my computing, writing and art needs. Thankfully I can hook it up to my Mustek scanner and it still runs my trusty Adobe CS2. This is the very same computer that Stupid Romance Comics and Stupendo-Dog #3 were inked on. Looking at laptops and desktops now, it doesn't seem like much, but I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

Most of the pics on this fine blog are taken with my wife's Sony Cybershot 3.2. She got that camera as a Christmas present the year before we got married and it's been going strong for over seven years! It's starting to show some wear, especially with flash photography and we'd really like to get a new one, but I think our phones have taken over most of our photography needs.

Which brings us to the HTC Droid Eris. After months of research and almost buying an iPhone, we decided to go Droid and haven't looked back. I love the Eris and it works really well, and it's got a 5 megapixel camera that does a nice job. The only problem I have is that it doesn't have a flash. the Droid Incredible, the newer version of the Eris, does, so there's hope that we'll get a nice upgrade to whatever new phone HTC has on 14 months or so.

Droid phone tips: Droid phones don't need to filter everything through iTunes. I regularly buy MP3 albums at work and just drag them onto the SD card to listen to them on the way home. I also enjoy ripping audiobooks and loading them through the phone. I'd also like to recommend the Comixology app. I'm sure comics look better on a giant screen, but the older comics (the ones that aren't all over the place with panels and layouts) read really well. My most recent purchase was the Best of Little Archie and I was really happy with it.

Special bonus section! Pics of our heroes:

Here's Henry, secret identity of Stupendo-Dog, hero of Utopiopolis!

Our hero (again in his civilian disguise) alert and ready to save
his fair city with a moment's notice! And Mollie, his sister, who was
accidentally infected with the Super Villain Virus in Stupendo-Dog #3.
(She'll be back in Stupendo-Dog #5!)


It's it's at all possible, have yourself a really nice day!