The Golden Bone Gambit!  

The Golden Bone Gambit, the second thrilling adventure of MILT, has begun!

Check it out every Monday, Wednesday
and Friday at New Haven Comics!

And check back here regularly for sketches, and sneak peaks!

 

Milt: The Treasure Stealers!And read the first action-packed adventure of our hero in print and on your tablet, phone or computer!

The Treasure Stealers is available at Amazon as a print book, and a super Deluxe Edition is available for your Kindle Fire, or a PDF to read anywhere!


Friday, March 4, 2011

Archie Comics Review! The Best of Dan DeCarlo, Vol 1

This is a great book!

Archie: The Best of Dan DeCarlo, Vol. 1
Not quite what I expected as far as content, but the art is top-notch. I was expecting a little more variety, hoping to see some Josie stories and some Sabrina stories. This book is a really well designed, well colored hardcover featuring stories from Betty & Veronica, and they're pretty darn good.

I had just recently discovered Dan DeCarlo through The World of Archie Double Digest, which started to reprint the first She's Josie stories, and some nice early Sabrina stuff, and was blown away. Then I was doing my daily review of books on Amazon and came across this little beauty. I have no regrets adding this to my collection. Very nice book by IDW and Archie Comics!

Quality points: It's a nice oversized hardcover. I'm not usually a big hardcover book fan, but the design of this book really brings the whole thing home. It's big and fun to look at. The coloring inside is fantastic and it really looks like somone put a lot of thought into what paper to use, instead of just going for some popular glossy garbage. The art, which is the bread and butter of the book, is amazing. I think DeCarlo is a little stiff compared to Bob Montana and Harry Lucey, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the top Archie artists. His characters are just about perfect in style and personality. I really get the sense that he "knows" who each character is and they just speak to him.


I haven't bought Volume 2 yet but it's definitely on my list.

(All reviews are, naturally, my own opinion.)